4.22.2009

Why does everything hit on Mondays?...

...but you don't feel it until Wednesday.

I thought that my life was settling down into a good routine. No changes in school, husband is on a good shift at work (would like a M-F shift), we are in church together on Saturday evenings (but would prefer Sundays), all caught up on bills (would like to be completely debt free).

Incoming from left field....

GOD: I think that Beth and her family need a little excitement.

ME: God, I don't know what you are doing with this bus ride, but just remember I Don't Like Big Hills.

GOD: "Be still, and know that I am God;" (Psalm 46:10)

ME: I know that we have been asking for a change in Rob's schedule so we could go the church on Sundays, but why did Rob's coworker/friend have to have 3 types of cancer at once with only 3 months before his retirement!?

GOD: "...by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God." (Philippians 4:6)

ME: God, be with his family. Shroud them with your love and mercy and grace. Thank you for Rob's job in these crazy financial times.
This new schedule would mean that I won't be able to volunteer at the church on Thursday nights. I hate disappointing people.
Oh, and I can't do that study on Esther on Fridays.

GOD: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." (John 14:1)

ME: What about when the kids go back to school in the fall? If Rob is working 4pm - 12am Rory will only see him in the mornings. She is really going to miss him. I hope that this doesn't put a strain on our marriage and family.

GOD: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proposer you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 49:11-13)

ME: Rob did point out that I might be able to go back to nursing school in the fall without having to worry about a sitter for Eli.

Thank you God for all that you have brought our family through. You are awesome, amazing, wonderful, power, almighty, everlasting. You hold the universe in your hand and you hold my heart. Thank you for your gentle corrections and loving embrace.

No comments: