2.09.2010

Snow Day Treat

So I was planning on making this for Community Bible Study’s Leaders Council this morning.  But my family gets to be the guinea pigs for this tasty (hopefully) treat.

102 001

 

DSCF0092

Canned breadsticks; cream cheese/sugar/egg; topped w/blueberries.

 

DSCF0093

Braided and washed with egg white/water.

 

DSCF0094

Cooling. Waiting for the icing of sugar/half and half.

 

102

I would have it on a more presentable plate…but why when half of it will be gone in about 6 minutes.

 

102 002

Here’s the recipe which was mooched from Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality.

6-8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1 large egg, separated

1 1/4 c confectioners sugar

1 can refrigerated bread sticks

3/4 c fresh or frozen blueberries, washed and dried

2 tsp water

2-4 Tablespoons orange juice, depending on what consistency you like

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease baking sheet.  Beat cream cheese until creamy.  Add egg yolk and 1/4 c sugar until smooth.  Set aside.

Place breadsticks on baking sheet.  Spread cream cheese mix on middle 1/3 of bread sticks.  place blueberries on cream cheese mix.  Braid bread over filling.  Tuck the last two under loaf.  Brush loaf with egg white/water mix.

Bake 20 minutes, or until really golden. Cool for at least 30 minutes.  Mix remaining 1c sugar and orange juice.  Then drizzle over loaf.

A few notes of my own.  I think you could get away with only using 4 oz cream cheese.  I did not have any orange juice because I sucked the last of it down this morning when my blood sugar was 46!!!  So, I used half and half.  Milk, water or any other fruit juice can be used.

No comments: