3.19.2009

Signs & Goodwill

Eli has been wanting a sign with his name on it for his bedroom. I remembered that I had a scrap piece of pine that was left over from a coat rack that my husband had made for me.

Coat Rack...

I had purchased some stencils a few months back at Joann Fabrics for $3 (75% off). I had basic acrylic paint in black & real green. The only other supplies that I needed was some stencil paint. Acrylic is too watery, and made a big mess.
This evening I finished his sign. He was sooo excited.

Eli's sign...

Yesterdy I went to The Goodwill and found a few little fun things. All for $5

8" Silver plate that needs a little TLC...

8" Yellow/Daisy plate...

I think this is a cover for a cheese plate...


Have you been to your local Goodwill store? With all the financial woes that alot of people are experiencing the Goodwill is a great place to shop. However, they seem to be taking advantage of this. They have raised their prices! Our family is not one that needs to shop there because we are on such a tight budget, but my heart goes out to the families that shop there at the beginning of the school year or at Christmas time for their children because they are on a very tight budget. I thought that all items that they sell are donated, but they're not. Another shopper told me that anything that has an orange sticker comes from Target, and they have to pay them a fee. And just because there is a posted price, on say the dresses, they are also "color-coded." I thought I was going to pay $3.49 for a dress, but the cashier rang is up $4.99 becasue it was from a more expensive store.

I'm not griping because I had to pay a little more. I just want them to realize and remember who they are to be helping and that they are just hurting those that they they claim to be helping.

No comments: