6.26.2009

Reclaimed Shutters

Okay girls, cousin, sil, mom, aunts...who wants a shutter?

You know, the ones that I snatched up from someones garbage on the way to have dinner at my parents house. I have 5 pair (10 singles), but I am keeping 1 pair (2 singles) for myself. First come, first served. No pushing, shoving, ditching.

Dimensions of each panel: 35 1/2 in. tall, 11 in. wide. 3/4 in. thick.


Here are a couple of ideas for the shutters:

1. Living In Color at the Nesting Place. She painted it a lovely aqua and placed it against the wall on top of a dresser that looks a little like the one that my aunt Randee bought at a yard sale last week. Okay, made it is just the fact that it is white with 3 drawers. My mom has one, too, and I am hoping that I inherit it. Love ya mom!

2. Flea Market Shutters & Frames and Shutter Style on BHG.com at the lettered cottage. Now, if I could just find a mirror that big really cheap...like, as close to free as possible. ('80's valley girl coming out, sorry about that.)

3. Studio Inspiration Photos at Twice Remembered. Just a cute place to put those special cards or a pretty postcard that you have no intention of sending because you bought it just for the picture on the front.

If you find any other ideas for the shutters let me know.

That's all I have for today. Make the most of your weekend with family & friends. Even if that is just sitting/laughing/talking.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I want a set if you are just giving them away. What are you going to do with yours???

Corrie said...

I'd love to take them off your hands, but I don't really have a place that I could put them. Thanks though!