8.17.2009

A Work in Progress



So I have this farmhouse table with 4 matching chairs that is this dark hunter green color that I am SOOO over. Not to mention the table top that seems to have this orangy-reddish tone to it. The picture does not do it justice.


Last weekend my husband and I hauled 2 of the chairs over to my parents home to begin the transformation of a '90's hand-me-down (thank you Linda) to a 21st century Fab-Wow table and chairs.


Pre-renovation


The back off and the seat sanded



A little rough sanding of the back and legs

I have this big dilemma...what color do I paint/stain this sucker!!

My thoughts/options:

  1. White w/a mocha wash for anything that was green to give it that antiquey feel . Then a dark chocolate (sounds better than brown) for the table top and seats.
  2. Paint it all black (maybe a little distressing)
  3. Paint it all white (maybe a little distressing)
  4. Table top and seats some sort of dark stain and then perk it up with a non-traditional color like sage or celery (I know that they are in the green family, but a little more trendy)

Please send me your thoughts and ideas. My goal is to have this project done by the end of September.

HA!

3 comments:

Linda said...

It looks black in the picture. I would do black on the legs and chair back then distresss them. I would stain the top and seats a darker color. Kind of like Stanifers table if you've seen theirs. Just my two cents!

Corrie said...

My vote is cream with a mocha wash on the chairs and table legs and the top of the table dark chocolate.
I also like Linda's idea of the black and dark stain. I think that what I may to my table and chairs someday. (after I get 800 other projects done.)

Krys said...

Thanks for stopping by and helping me out!! I had no clue I could remove the tops spindles! You rock!
I can't wait to see your table finished - I like both the black and white for legs. What would match the rest of your space the best?