9.17.2009

Lord, Help Me Keep My Big Mouth Shut

Today was the first day of CBS (Community Bible Study.) A non-denominational Bible study that I have had the privilege of being a part of for the past 7 years.

This year I was asked to join the leardership team. Don't let that title fool ya. I am in no way a leader. I'm not a follower, either, in the sense that if my friends jumped off a cliff would I do it too.

So, today was the first day with the babies. I share the joy of being with these 9 children with 2 other ladies. What fun. But we did have a few first-day-wrenchs thrown in the works. They weren't too big, so nothing was broken. Just a couple of adjustments are needed.

Back to keeping my mouth shut. If you knew me about 5 years ago you would know that I would just tell you like it is. No thought of feelings, getting the situation under control, privatilly talking over the problem, etc.... Just this is how it is, and deal with it.

Well, God's grace is super good. (Jen;])

We had a situation where a woman came into the baby room yelling at me (I just happen to be the person who greeted her.) By no power of my own I was able to defuse the situation in the room, get her out of there (others moms where bringing their babies in & it was getting a little crazy) and direct her to the person who could help her understand what everyone else had already told her but it needed to be said by this one person.

I never wanted to yell back at her, tell her "like it is" and to "just deal with it."

Later someone who was in the room at the time of the incident brought it up in our conversation. That is the time when I would usually get really hot under the collar about the situation. But you know, God is super good. I felt compassion and sorry for that woman. What had her morning been like to cause her to lose sight of God's goodness, a new year at CBS, breathing? Don't start thinking that I am being all self-righteous. I have those days too. The whole situation has been a reminder to me to ask God for forgiveness daily, to guard my words and deeds, to think (pray) before I speak.

Just know that this post is more for my benefit rather that anyone elses. It is my "journal." A place were I can vent, praise God, ponder, laugh, rejoice, cry, yell.

"...to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:5

1 comment:

randee said...

everyone needs compassion.

being in His Word is changing all of us, isn't it?

eva was zonked when she got home.
thanks for lovin' on her.